Monday, March 26, 2007

Wanderlust 07: 九寨沟


Was at the Natas fair last Saturday - though crowded, it didn't seem as impenetrable as last year. The booking promotions weren't as great either, except for the UOB one where pairs of free CX tickets to Hong Kong were given out to bookings of $10,000 and above, which we would have been eligible for last year.

This year, we went for cheaper packages. No particular reason really. Just that my sis had spotted $399 Jiangnan tour deals in Natas ads so we decided on China as our family destination for this year.

Yet, we fell for the irresistible 九寨沟 (Jiuzhaigou), a gorgeous valley where rainbows perform somersaults on magnificent waterfalls that embrace roaring streams far below while colourful leaves float on lakes more tranquil than the surface of mirrors.

Shuzeng Falls - One of the four waterfalls at 九寨沟, famed for its numerous follow-on falls

The Multi-Coloured Pool

Oh, since international flights land at Chengdu, we'll be spending time there and the agency promised me GIANT PANDAS ! v(^.^)v

Can't wait for my leave application to be approved. I must wait though, since today didn't feel like the best time to ask my 'boss' for favours of any kind - she was in a mad dash for a business trip to Europe tonight. I'll wait patiently till she returns to office on Thursday. Maybe I'll wait till Friday cuz who knows if her jetlag might set accidental fire to my vulnerable leave application form.

And then, I wait some more, till 9 June, when I fly into the great unspoilt natural wonder of inner China.