Monday, February 12, 2007

Shine!

Channel 8's campus drama "Let It Shine" ended its run today. While it hasn't got the most incredible script, it has been great fun coming home every week-ning to relive my school days through the experiences of the student-and-teacher cast of the drama. Great job Felicia! She's now my favourite Mediacorp female artiste (if I decide to have one, that is :)

The passing of Xinyu, and her determination to fulfill her dream to take part in the songwriting competition which she eventually won, sent me thinking.

If I had just one more week to live, what is the one dream that I can accomplish before I pass into the nether world?

Choy, choy ... too much fantasy on TV and off.

On TV: Elvin Ng on "Happily Ever After" as Cowherd is the only reason I am refusing and shall refuse till ... ermm ... maybe well around my birthday, to budge from the prime position in front of our dear TEAC TV set come 9pm every weeknight. No compromise ok ...

And ooh, for my own enjoyment more than anybody else's, a collage of Elvin's appearance at Compasspoint on 4 Feb on a Mediacorp CNY roadshow cum promotion tour for "Happily Ever After" below. It was the first time I saw Elvin in the flesh and truth betold, all the speculation of just how gorgeous he was, WAS TRUE.

Off TV: Elledragon finally materialises in the form of a well, dragon, a sweet she-dragon (as I would have her :) that I laid eyes on and picked up without any second thoughts last week (3 Feb) from Taka.

Oh, and finally, all my poor toys who have been cooped up in the giant Disney plastic bag for the past year or so, are out on the shelf! And I gave dearest Sammy a good wash yesterday, he's shining white (well, almost) like he should.

Hmm ... all these shining moments have more than made up for the lacklustre mood at work. Elaine and I have been talking about moving on for a while. Difference is, she's having a couple of chances to do so and me ... sigh. Guess I have too specific an aim to be a writer, especially with Mediacorp, that every round of JobsDB scanning has been futile thus far. Not that the current work is so bad but I have yet to live my dream of being a writer - an entertainment writer. So I shall not concede defeat yet.

I will always remember that David Ogilvy only began his journey to become the great ad-man that he was when he was 38.

ALRIGHTY! New year is here, and with the Year of the Pig, dragons are promised great fortune (including in the arena of <3 )

~ HAPPY THOTS HAPPY THOTS ~ 猪您新年快乐 ~