Monday, February 19, 2007

Moving On d(~(oo)~)b


The start of the third day of Chinese New Year. As usual, the past 2 days of CNY were quite a bore. Much snoozing and little else :) Okie, so yesterday it rained quite heavily around midnight but we went out for some midnight snack at the 24-hour McDonald's at the Pahlawan Mall. It was crowded, mostly with kids, and I couldn't help being envious of this new-found nightlife in Melaka that was so non-existent when I was still in school. And then, Hui Ling killed some wriggly thing that somehow managed to get into the bedroom I was in upstairs (it has a toilet, maybe that's why and how it managed to wriggle itself there) I missed the commotion because I was groggy with sleep albeit having slept for most of the day (the rest of it spent reading Harry Potter and fantasizing :) :)

Not to say that the chance to catch up on the much needed sleep isn't desirable at all but geez, the days seem wasted. Today we accomplished a little bit more. By right, we should be off visiting relatives but since dunno when, the visiting has been moved from the second day to the third, so that's what we will be doing later today. But anyway, I got to dress up (which I totally missed although it was the first day yesterday, I juz didn't have the mood to put on any new clothes cuz we weren't getting out of the house), went shopping at Tesco, went to Shek Jia Yan to offer prayers to grandma with Angela who went to pray to her dad who passed away juz recently, and Raymond brought yee sang and we had a round of lo hei. It was the fun-nest thing in 2 days (hmm, though I didn't verbally express my deepest desires when lo hei-ing... hope it's heard nevertheless!) but still, I wish it was back to Friday, when we were all too eager to catch the bus home, go last minute shopping for clothes and new year goodies or necessities...

Oh well, gotta move on yeah... Thankfully, the channel 8 interruption has also moved on and I managed to catch 'fan jian xin xian ren' tonight! Poor Tianying got his emotional line damaged but with an outpouring of love from Tianqin and a little help from the Jade Emperor, it seems to be fixed again. For sure, so has my broken spirit of missing 2 of the supposedly best episodes! Hmmm ... so mobtv, here i come!