Sunday, March 09, 2008

Swede Snaps


I didn't take many pictures on this trip cuz oh well, guess I didn't wanna play too much of a tourist on a business trip. It's a mentality thing :) One instance that I really regret though, is forgetting my camera when we decided on a spur of the moment to take a walk around Lund town before heading out to Copenhagen for our flight back home.

We unwittingly arrived at the oldest church in Sweden - Lunds Domkyrka - and found some moments of spiritual peace there (though we're both Buddhists ... but this is what any religious place does to anyone, especially those seeking inner peace). I made a wish at the wishing well (it struck me as interesting that Europeans in the medieval times really liked wishing wells in their churches even when overseas cuz our St. Paul's church in Melaka, built by the Portuguese in the 16th century, also has one).

No picture of the awesome church regretfully, but here are some I'd like to share, including my photography trademark - The Shadow and The Foot. Enjoy.


This is the beach resort in Halmstad where the Winter Conference took place - Hotel Tylösand.

Very windy on the beach but it's not as cold as I had anticipated. Or else, I've quite taken to cold weather cuz our Swedish colleagues said the temperature was indeed about 0 degree Celsius ...

Steps leading down to the beautiful beach.

A clock tower in the middle of the beach. Is it the clock face that tells the time or the shadow?

The Shadow - me and my colleague who is camera shy!

The Foot among pretty seashells on the beach of Tylösand.

I'm flying! (No Leo to break the fall though ... SAD!)

She sells sea shells by the sea shore. The shells she sells are surely seashells. So if she sells shells on the seashore, I'm sure she sells seashore shells.

I love mood shots!

Statue at the lobby of our hotel, Hotel Lundia. Lund is a quaint little town to spend just a day or two walking round the block and popping into the little shops for some Swedish goodies. Or simply sipping a cup of hot coffee with some Swedish cinnamon bun on one of the cobblestone walkways that I adore.

Train stations around the world all look alike. It could have been in Malmö, Sweden (above) or Guangzhou, China (below). Of course, both pictures show the same station - Malmö C, Sweden.