Saturday, March 08, 2008

I'm back from the cold!


Ok ... actually the cold wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. Damn, I overpacked. Haha ... and I definitely underestimated the lightweight Nike jacket that I picked up at the factory outlet in Gilroy. It kept me so warm in freezing winds from the North Beach at Tylosand. But since I've given it to my sis, I can't use it at whim (unless I make it mine? hehe ...)

The flight just arrived at 12 noon, after an hour delay at the Bangkok airport. Sigh ... and I have to immediately come online! The trap of the digital age. I'm addicted to the net, and it's hard to go online in Sweden and find my friends all asleep :(

Overall, the presentation went really well. The client was really pleased. Especially when this lady whom I had thought was a mountain of ice (sort of stuck up) congratulated us on the "very good presentation". Yippie! A huge load off my mind. The same floating feeling like I had after Kyoto. Only that time, I had floated higher cuz I was due for a holiday to paradise (九寨沟) the next day. No holiday this time, only more thinking to be done for what's next. The clients will be in town next week so geez ... another hectic week ahead I guess.

I think what's more rewarding from this trip is our late night chat with Colin. We got to know a different side of him. Adventurous, humorous, caring ... there are many good things about this man whom we thought was a tight-fisted manager back in the office. He told us his adventures during uni days in the UK and the US. They were the sorts that I'd like to have myself so ... well, I guess there are many sides to even the plainest person :)

Shucks ... half of Saturday is gone. I really do wanna vote but I can't do so in Singapore and I can't be back in Malaysia on time. So this is the second election that I'm absent from. That doesn't make me any less one good Malaysian.

To all ladies, Happy International Women's Day! (Wonder who chose this date - 三八妇女节 - quite apt :)