Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Quiet Moments


On a whim, I took leave today. Woke up not feeling like going to work. Besides, I still have one more day of 2007 leave to clear and I don't foresee many chances of my doing so before the deadline of end Feb. So I might as well continue this week-long holiday and indulge myself. R&R to the max! Hahahahaha ...

Well, now that the day's almost over, I'm happy to say that it's been very unproductive. Haha ... I'm just taking it easy ok! The weeks ahead will be super chiong I tell ya.

After I managed to drag myself out of bed at around 10 am, I cleaned our little kitchen a bit. It's really in need of some scrubbing since we hardly did any spring cleaning before the new year ... after which, I took a leisurely walk to the food court for some kopi gao (thick coffee). While sipping the delicious caffeine-rich beverage, I rewatched some video clips we'd shot during our holiday trips last year. Damn, the 九寨沟 ones made me wanna pack my bags and begin my Tibet adventure right away!

So off I went to the library to further research my trip. But there were few books on Tibet travel so I decided that an online search might be more rewarding. I'm planning for August. A friend in Chengdu tells me it's better to visit in summer, in fact it's a good time cuz that's when there'd be lots of festivities. Still, the guide book authors seem to think otherwise cuz July, Aug and much of Sep are the monsoon months. Hmm ... more research required.

Hope the trips come through though my project schedules are pretty much wobbly at this point so I'm not quite sure when I can really steal some time off to fulfil this wanderlust ... but for now, I'm enjoying my quiet moments at home.

Just me, my music and my book. This is luxury.