Sunday, December 09, 2007

Weekend's Over In A Blink


Sunday night. I've always hated it. All the way from as far back as I can remember, ever since I started schooling. I hate Sunday.

This weekend, like all others, is over in a blink. Saturday, I was out for most of the day. Caught the first show of
The Golden Compass at GV VivoCity at 10.15 am. This must be the first time I've ever entered the cinema at such an early hour. Why? Cuz the day was really short yesterday cuz it's Pauline's birthday so we wanna celebrate it with her in the afternoon after Fauzie finished work.

After The Golden Compass, which by the way, is a fair movie - can watch (the animal daemons are especially cute!), we shopped for a bit while waiting for Fauzie. Boy, it's only the third time I was at VivoCity since it opened last year despite the fact that I live at the other end of the NEL line. We had lunch at Modesto's for at least 3 hours, gossiping and such, things that girls do when we have some time together. Pauline said a colleague asked what songs she listened to when she was in secondary school. Boy, did that bring us down memory lane!

After that, we left for City Hall. I was supposed to attend a show which was part of the Singapore Writer's Festival with a friend from SPH who had two free tickets. She decided not to go after a morning of cold sweat at the other shows that she went to which were super crowded. So Fauzie joined me instead for
Façade: Something Lies Beyond The Scene.

Façade is quite an interesting programme. It's poetry recital with a twist, supposedly an inspiration of poet Edith Sitwell who thought why not set poetry to musical accompaniment to bring out the emotional value of the verses? Last night's recital was by Singapore poet
Cyril Wong, to music conducted by Adrian Tan.

Yesterday too, I bumped into not one but two old friends. The first one was an old colleague, the other a cameraman I used to work closely with but haven't met in at least two years. It was awesome to see them both.

Today, Sunday. Woke up thinking it was only 9.30 am cuz that's what it said on my sister's clock. Apparently it's 1.5 hours slower and it's already 11 am when I woke up. I got a shock when my watch showed 12 noon after I took my time washing up, doing my laundry and cleaning the A380 model at the top of my cupboard.

Shoot, half a day gone just like that. I spent the other half inserting memories into my diary, bringing it up-to-date. All the time watching
Perhaps, Love and re-watched My Life As McDull. Though watching with divided attention, many of the songs on Perhaps, Love struck a chord with me. Think it's a heart-wrenching love story ... will have to watch it again more seriously next time.

So that's it. My weekend. Over in a blink. Now watching MediaCorp's 25th Anniversary show. Reliving my childhood is one of the things I'm increasingly doing lately. Probably it's one of those things that one does as age catches up. Looking for something to cling on to the ever more elusive youth.

Before you go, meet my new friend, my virtual pet 小熊猫
o(^_^)o Make him catch your mouse pointer with his gaze!