Sunday, December 16, 2007

Elvin in the Top 10!


Yeah! Elvin's one of the 红星大奖 2007 十大男艺人. I'm happy for him although I didn't contribute a cent to that V ... hehe. The short speech he gave touched me. Having just seen the preview of Kinship II yesterday, I must say he has a lot of work to do as an actor. The good thing is he knows it, and he's taking criticism in good stride, and he knows that there's light at the end of the tunnel (well, he said something about intense darkness before the first light of dawn). Gambatte Elvin!

Personally, I think he should look to Ivy Lee as a role model. Her acting was terrible when she first started but with many years of hard work, she's now a brilliant actress. She doesn't win this year but she is in the Top 10 Female Artistes list (hehe ... I'm mean, but it's heartening to see that only 3 of the 7 Princesses make it to the Top 10 - Rui En, Felicia and Jesseca - all of whom I like!). The Best Actress award went to Yvonne Lim. She truly deserves it because although I didn't follow the show, the few times I caught it, I watched in awe of Yvonne's performance. Coincidentally, that show - Metamorphosis - is drama of the year (I was rooting for Like Father, Like Daughter although The Peak was also one of the nominees).

Thought Fann's little onstage reunion with all her 'husbands' was comical. Very entertaining (and that Luo Zhixiang is freaking cute too la ... haha) But as usual, I'm quite turned off by Christopher Lee's act-cute-cool-whatever antics. Michelle Chia and Shaun Chen are a cute couple (too bad Shaun's not in the Top 10!), I'm really quite envious she's hooked up with the second best-looking guy in Singapore! You go, girl!

About the best-looking one, he turned up for the Kinship II promo yesterday in a yellow checked shirt, and his hair was back to black. Absolutely sexy, I like :) Sorry, the picture quality sucks cuz I went really late and was seated high up there near the door (Row N) :(

(L-R) : Brandon Wong, Elvin Ng, Chen Tianwen, San Yow (Wen Long), Alan Tern, Eelyn Kok, Carrie Yeo, Hong Huifang, Xiang Yun, 97.2 FM DJ.