Sunday, November 04, 2007

Weddings and Babies


Finally, EC is married. They've planned it for so long, she's been excited about it for just as long counting down to the big day. It finally happened yesterday with an emotional church ceremony which I missed, and one of the more entertaining dinners I've been to where everyone seemed to know everyone (except us though. Lol). I'm really happy for her.

XM asked if the wedding inspired me to get married soon. I love weddings because I leave these events feeling warm and fuzzy and motivated to be loved, to find someone to love and be loved back. That is important for me. As for the institution of marriage, I'm not so much a believer. I believe that for two persons to be in love is sacred and does not entail the formality of marriages to seal that vow. I believe in unspoken vows that lovers hold dear in their hearts. Am I naive? But that is what I seek. XM, let's 加油 together alright! :)

Also found out that P is pregnant! OMG! She always struck me as this super career woman who thinks kids are a drag. But just like my two other friends with similar drive, they all succumb to the call of nature, fulfilling the circle of life. That's good, really awesome, and I'm glad for them. Can't wait to see the cute little boy when he emerges from the amniotic depths in 5 months!