Monday, November 05, 2007

Istanbul, Here I Come!


Last year, this time, I was packing for a trip to Sydney to attend the once-in-a-lifetime U2 concert. Today, I'm packing for Istanbul. Check out the picture - I think it's a romantic place to be (well, if only with the right person but oh well, can't complain! Hehe). Besides, The Jester, one of James Patterson's best and one of my favourite books, tells a story that involves the Turks and the Byzantines during the Holy War ... I don't understand all of what that moment in history means, SO I'm gonna find out ALL about it on this trip!

No doubt, it's for work but I'm looking forward to some good times in this city that sits on both Europe and Asia - the only city in the world with such geographical privilege. Because of flight times and such, we should have some free time to explore the city. Keep my fingers crossed!

Think the weather's lovely too. Temperature hovers on the lower teens, down to below 10 degrees Celsius. Well, for me, it's lovely to be a bit on the cold side :)

More on Istanbul. If it's true that the hotel where I'll be staying has free Internet connection, I shall be putting up pictures fairly soon :)