Saturday, October 24, 2009

Seafood on the Sea (17 Oct 09)


Last Saturday, I went on a most amazing foodie trip with some Couchsurfers, organised by the friendliest CSer I've met thus far, Jeffrey. He's especially nice to me because I'm his shifu (and he keeps calling me that) because when he first started out on CS 2 years back and the site did not yet have too many from Singapore, he approached me for help and I got him started and he got himself hooked :) He's the one that's most endowed with the CS spirit!

Well, so ...

We set off at 5.30 am in 3 cars to JB. First stop, chee cheong fun and pancakes, then, dou hua with gingko nuts, then, bak kut teh, then, ice cream, then, prawn sashimi and crabs, then, go fishing for dinner, then, Kota Tinggi waterfalls, no chendol cuz the stall owner's Indian and it's Deepavali, then, dinner at a hawker centre where our sea catches got a royal treatment that agreed with all our tastebuds very much, till we were all so full to the brim and the poor car had to be fed more petrol and a good wash before we headed back to Singapore. I reached home approximately 11.30 pm, and only thanks to Jeffrey who sent us all home.

Ok, nuff said, I'll let the pictures do the talking (^___^*)