Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Tokyo!


The day is finally here! Hehe ... now sitting near my gate B6 with about half an hour to spare before the gate closes.

Haha ... this will be the first time I'm in Japan on a real vacation although I've technically-speaking, been there thrice. This year, I'll be flying free beginning with this trip, and then in Aug/Sep to Chengdu cuz I suddeny have a free ticket due to Krisflyer's anniversary promotion.

Claimed my miles from United Airlines, whose Mileage Plus is a fabulous mileage programme! Unlike SQ, Mileage Plus allows you to credit any mile from any kind of flights you take (which means promo tickets, like I always do :) So one single trip to the US can earn you a free trip to Tokyo. Well, depending on where you fly to ... I had to make another HK trip to accumulate enough miles, but that's really ok since HK is also my annual pilgrimage destination. Haha ... Oh but even if you have only Krisflyer, perhaps it's only SQ that doesn't credit miles flown on promo tickets because I managed to claim those for my trip to Chengdu last year on Air China.

Well, anyway, initially I wanted to take it real easy on this trip by going to only 2 places outside Tokyo but since I found out that I'd be so nicely in time for the Takayama Matsuri, I've added it to my itinerary. So I'll be heading to Nikko tomorrow, then on to Nagano on Sat, Takayama on Mon and finally back to Tokyo next Thu.

Ok, seems like they just made the boarding last call announcement ... see ya!