Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Dead tired even before it begins ...


Haha ... sort of. It's been a long day! The plane actually touched down ahead of schedule and was one of the more pleasant flights I've been on. The flight attendants were the friendliest and chirpiest ever, and in particular one of them - this gentleman was tireless and so happy to serve that I wish he's on every flight I'm on.

So I have no qualms recommending United Airlines. So far it has not failed me yet. In fact, the flight left Changi right on time, and I was one of the two last passengers to board the plane 10 minutes before gates were to close, a time when usually there'd still be a long queue outside the boarding gate. Besides, it's so easy to accumulate miles unlike SQ which just refuses to give any miles for promo tix (we pay good money to ok!) and trips to Tokyo cost much fewer miles compared to Krisflyer again (20,000 for United compared to 40,000 for SQ)

Well, anyway, it was already 5 pm (Tokyo time) when I finally checked in at the hostel. I was freaking tired from the long customs queue (took an hour before I was cleared), the long train ride from Narita to Asakusa (almost 2 hours). The only bright spot was, there's sakura everywhere! I think I must have seen sakura somewhere else but what's truly unique here is that they are grown in such organised way and usually covers an entire compound so that when it blooms, it's a sea of pink fluffy flowers! Beautiful.

It's already not very cold anymore although Ryota recommended that I brought a winter jacket, which I did (learned my lesson of not listening to 雪 when he said it'd be cold in Kangding ... the locals know best!) So no problem exploring the great outsides! But for today, I decided that instead of venturing out to the Senso-ji which is very near where I'm staying, I'd just take a shower, surf some net, make some blog and diary entries, watch some TV, drink some coffee, down some water cuz I'm feeling pretty dehydrated already, and then go to bed. So that I could wake at 7 am and take a leisurely morning walk to the Senso-ji before checking out and setting off to Nikko. Yay!

And the adventure begins. I'll post some pix tomorrow (^___^*)