Saturday, February 07, 2009

Farewell


Said farewell to Ryota who's going back to Tokyo tomorrow (oh actually it's later today) ... the bunch of us met up at Crystal Jade in TP for yummy dinner (and I realised they do serve dim sum after 5 pm ... perhaps it's only the airport branch that does not!) and then adjourned to Old Town Coffee for a cuppa and a mini celebration of Ryota's birthday which is 8 Feb.

Happy to also know that ASUS Taiwan has offered him a position but it seems he's still looking forward to a return to Sony in Tokyo. Whatever it is, I'm happy for him. Hehe ... if he takes up the ASUS position, then we'll be colleagues again! (though long distance) and if he's offered by Sony, I'll probably have an English-speaking guide for at least a few days during my April trip v(^__^*)v

Sigh ... how time flies. It's been half a year since I left my previous company and for the umpteenth time, I feel so blessed.

It's very sad to hear that so much has changed in the workings of the office and worse, its people. My dear ex-colleagues are now under tremendous stress and despair and there's nothing very much I can do to fish them out of the murky waters :( It's also very sad to learn that another ex-colleague whom I used to believe was just a tad bit too aggressive and unforgiving in his office relationships has taken a turn for the worse.

But despite that, it was great to still have the girls so strongly bonded against all odds ... hope things will be fine for them and sunny days may soon descend upon the gloomy office, or better still, they may soon find their way out onto greener meadows!