Sunday, June 22, 2008

Where did the weekend go?


Mostly in slumber I think. Wonder why I am so still so tired in spite of 12 hours of sleep last nite and another 2 this afternoon.

Watched two movies yesterday - a rare treat for me who rarely steps into the cinema unless it's a real kick-a** movie. Well, Kungfu Panda was kinda kick-a** though it's a little slapstick at some parts. Penelope, which I decided to watch with my sisters for the sake of James McAvoy (Mr. Tumnus! - since I can't get to see him in Narnia cuz they only have limited screenings of Prince Caspian now) is bearable but is perhaps not worth the weekend ticket price. Fortunately it's a pretty quick movie, about 1.5 hours because there's little left to be desired story-wise.

I went home after the movie and went straight to bed. It was barely 9 pm. I woke at 9 am this morning, thinking that it was earlier that it actually was, thanks to an overcast sky which promised to continue the downpour that had happened in the wee hours of the morning. Lovely Sunday, I just knew it would be. For sleeping, as I did again soon after lunch for another 2 hours.

And now I'm going to bed again. Time check: 9.15 PM.

I can't seem to get enough sleep. Maybe like Carrie Bradshaw, emotional fatigue has totally drained me. A dear colleague who has been a great mentor for the past months served his last day on Friday, as I ponder also if I've served enough time in my current position. Plus uncertainties in other areas of my life now ... I'm really tired.