Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sex and the City


I finally know what the last episode of SATC is all about! Big swept Carrie off her feet in Paris! Phew ... after so many years. See, every episode that Fauzie downloaded played fine on my laptop except the last which appeared to require a special codec which I couldn't for the life of me find. So I gave up. I knew there would be a day I found out for myself what the ending to the series was. Came the movie. And my answer.

Too bad Karen couldn't join us. Girl departed for Phuket this morning for a 3-week sunny R&R with Greg and Maia. So Pauline, Fauzie and myself went for the movie ourselves. Hehe ... really, the 4 of us are quite like the girls in SATC though not really characteristically. Just that there are 4 of us of different ages, different personalities but somehow we gel. 好难得哦.

The movie's definitely not the best romantic comedy I've seen for sure, but it's kinda lovely. Partly because it affirms my belief in weddings being the affair of two and the people who really extend their blessings from the bottom of their hearts and not just out to have a good time. That it does not take a penthouse and a custom-built wardrobe to make love work. That trust and forgiveness go a long way. That sometimes, you don't have to go searching for love - it's always been there.

And all the sights of Manhattan drowned me under a giant nostalgic wave. The Brooklyn Bridge which I had crossed on foot but which now sports an altered skyline on Manhattan side, the Chinatown which was pleasant and I still wanna go to the big white Buddhist Temple I failed to visit previously.

And the grand library that is so much like the one I visited in Boston, which closed its doors after 911 so I didn't have the chance to marvel at the magnificence of its interiors. It has the same same dome with paintings of angels, the same marble pillars, the same windows over-looking quaint gardens where one can read for endless hours as the snow falls ... wow ... if I really do make it to New York come December, this will definitely happen. I would love to snuggle up next to the window with a good book (perhaps "Love Letters of Great Men"? :), reading and watching the snowflakes drift onto the window panes. I do love snow (^_^)

P.S. The Vogue editor tells Carrie that 40 is the last time a woman can be photographed in a wedding gown. I have 8 more years. 加油? Ha ha ha ha ha ...