Saturday, June 23, 2007

It's Chalcography ...

... NOT charcoalgraphy, the receptionists were quick to tell us as we got the tickets. We spent the next 2 hours at "Engraving the World", an exhibition featuring a selection of the chalcography collection from Le Louvre Museum, completely mesmerized by the technique, prints and more than anything, the details in the pictures, most of which depict remarkable events in French history. It's like you don't just see a cacophonous crowd, you can almost hear what each person is saying; details on the armour worn by the soldiers transfixed our eyeballs in curious amazement. All these details were hand-carved onto bronze plates by 15th to 16th century French artists. The exhibition left us gaping in wonder.

I woke up this morning feeling wonderful. It was a beautiful day - blue sky, brilliant sunshine. Thankfully, the day continues to be so.

I felt like a "head therapy" so I went to Chapter 2 and got a "bob" do. Rodolphe had recommended the salon so I thought I'd give it a go. Alas, my hair length was a little too short for the young stylist, he was worried I might scream at him for cutting my hair too short because it required a certain difference in length between the hair at the back of the head and that which frames the face, for the bob to be 'obvious'. I had to reassure him umpteen times that I've had hair as short as crew cut so there's no need to worry.

To go with the new do, I decided to also put some colour in it. This time,I chose a "mahogany dark blond" dye. Think it's slightly lighter than what I had last time, but given my unusually dark original hair colour, I'm not confident the colour will appear the way it should. I'll see tomorrow. Gee ... I hate hair dye ... it friggin' smelly! (I DIY-ed, bien sur)

It was always fun catching up with Pauline and Fauzie. Fauzie's story of her colleague with Bono hairdo was hilarious while empathy was all around when Pauline said she finally broke the news to the big boss - she's calling it quits after 7 years of editing corporate videos. Pauline's way more creative than that! She definitely deserves better opportunities elsewhere in the industry, doing something she enjoys.

Watching "Le Divorce" on tv now. Sigh ... French is truly music to my ears.

P.S. Have posted my 成都-九寨沟 pictures on Imagestation. All are welcome to browse d(~.~)b