Saturday, June 30, 2007

Hi H2-07


I went to get something from the supermarket near my place tonight and the cashier asked why I had not been there for so long. I would usually go there several times a week, for anything from soup ingredients to biscuits or some late night snacks like peanuts or "Roller Coaster" since the store opens till midnight.

I pondered over her comment for a while and realised how right she had been. I had not stepped foot in there in May and June - TWO full months and I didn't even realise that. It's like the past two months just quietly zipped past, and now we are at the very tail-end - the very last day - of the first-half of 2007.

Tomorrow, the new 7% GST kicks into effect. There's midnight sale going on everywhere and I'm at home. For the past hour, I've been trying unsuccessfully to book tickets for Transformers. "The system is experiencing an unusually high traffic." What's everyone doing at home booking tickets for Transformers? There's a sale going right now, helloooooooo ...

... oh, I'm finally getting through -- I got my tickets v(~.~)v

Hello H2-07

Oh well ... hope the second-half of the year is as smooth-sailing, peaceful and rewarding as the first. I'm still looking for new career opportunities, of course ... hope I hear some good news from my favourite broadcasters.

Sigh ... some key people in the company have resigned. Why is it that everytime I'm beginning to feel comfortable in my job, something happens that signals I could be on a sinking ship and I had better have the shore in sight?