Thursday, May 31, 2007

Answers ...


Ho ho ... my question's answered! Very pleased v(^.^)v

Hey Elvin, 2 thumbs up on your achievements so far! No easy feat :) People say the entertainment circle depletes one`s innocence. I know you`ll remain the same Elvin that chased chickens in the kampung or the lil imp that terrorised those Jurong shophouses :) So, what is your fondest childhood memory? What were your dreams and aspirations? Who are the people who inspire u?
- posted by huishi on 3/1/2007 11:38:58 PM


Elvin: Can't speak of achievements but doing my best, so thank you for the encouragement! Well, people also say growing up depletes one's innocence… and then the entertainment circle escalates it further right? Essentially, I think it depends on the individual to maintain a core of innocence and be as unaffected by the external world as possible. Yes, I would like to "stay the same" too, the "kampung kid", the "lil imp". My fondest childhood memory has to be terrorising those Jurong shophouses with my little sister and brother in our little BMX bicycles. I had different dreams and aspirations at different stages of my life; some of them were to become a lawyer, pilot, sailor, lecturer, to build a hotel, own a small island… My mother inspires me to be a man with strong values, a very dedicated primary school teacher inspired me to be determined to study hard, characters in and writers of my Literature books and texts inspire me to fight in the face of adversity ( the Hunchback of Notre Dame, Frida Kahlo, some Asian and African writers etc.)…

The complete list of answers ...

[He's a dotty guy too! Ha ha. Hmm ... I can imagine how frustrated the person who edited his responses must be, changing all the 'u' to 'you', 'n' to 'and', '1' to 'want' ... heavily abbreviated text that is characteristic of Elvin's ... er ... writing style.]