Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Delighted by mooncakes on CX


Haha, there were mini-mooncakes on both flights, TPE-HKG and HKG-SIN, putting a silly smile on my face. I wonder if it's because of CX's HK connection, and if SQ serves mooncakes today too on their Asian flights at least. I kinda doubt it, but I may be biased because I'm still sore from the times that I've failed to get my choice of meals on board. Haven't they noticed that certain meals are more popular and stock up accordingly? What annoys me even more is being asked if it's OK if I took whatever was left; only after I said that I didn't really have a choice did I, that she asked if I might prefer some instant noodles (to make up for the unavailable noodles of my choice). Couldn't that have been offered as a probable choice along with the set meal in the first place?

Well, enough of ranting. I'm getting grumpier by the day. Must be approaching menopause or something ... lol ... but anyway, coming back to this beautiful Mid-Autumn night. Although we took off into the cloudless sunny skies of Taipei, we landed in cloudy Hong Kong, then took off again into torrential rains (and I doubted for a moment if the control tower might seriously delay the flight beyond the one hour that we had already waited since the scheduled take-off), and landed in overcast Singapore. The moon here at home is blurry, definitely not caressing the foot of my bed with her graceful luminous fingers.