Sunday, January 24, 2010

Unexpected birthday tea


Haha. I'd never have thought the girls - Pauline and Fauzie - would spring me some birthday surprises this early. But they say February is a short month. Hur hur.

The very pretty pink retro-style bag is just what I need. I'm sick of lugging my big bag around on my weekends out. The Good Earth is a Pulitzer Prize winning historical fiction set in the aftermath of China's Last Emperor and before the 1949 Revolution, chronicling some of the biggest events that shaped modern China. Sounds like an extremely good read, especially when it's highly recommended by Fauzie the avid reader, and given my newfound fascination with China, her culture and people as a personal interest and research subject.

Thank you girls!

A green spider-looking insect wanted a share of my yummy traditional home-made New York cheesecake. Oooh ... my obsession with New York. It's been planned, and I really mean to get there this year.