Monday, January 18, 2010

Relativity of time


A friend who just turned 28 last month is having a bout of anxiety about approaching 30. What does he have to worry about?! He's still two years too far. Early anxiety is gonna make him an old man sooner than he can say thirty.

But then again, maybe it's good to have some sort of anxiety in order to get one fired up about life's goals and achievements. Unlike me, I've always been relaxed about my age, alway believing in young at heart: feeling young, looking young. How much longer can the hawker aunties call me 小妹?

Still the sands of time flow relentlessly. And days are flying past at accelerated rate now. Maybe it's time I felt that long overdue sense of anxiety and start worrying about getting on in years. Begin doing things people my age should be doing. Before 3-0 becomes 4-0 in the blink of an eye.

Update 23 Jan: I've figured out. He'll be 30 this Chinese New Year, by the Lunar calendar. LOL. That's why I refuse to let mom define my age by that calendar. Anxious for nothing.