Sunday, December 06, 2009

Christmas@Orchard snaps


Reindeer outside Centrepoint.

Just 2 of the many reindeer-ladies along Orchard Road, each wearing her own style.

My favourite trees in Takashimaya Shopping Centre! They look like ice creams and chocolates, don't they? As if being fully made up of teddies ain't sweet enough! (^___^*)

I remember shaking Santa's hand and receiving pressies from him when I was little, but have I sat on his lap before? Hehe ... gcheow says she can imagine a hum-sap male posing as Santa for free lappies! LOL.

Right, I've said that Orchard Road is like a massive money-sucking machine (especially during Christmas!) and I'll say it again. Sure, Prada and LV had crowd control measures to ensure that their privileged clientele could shop in peace, so there were small lines forming outside the stores when I walked past them at ION Orchard. But this Uniqlo Singapore flagship store at 313 Somerset had a meandering line waiting to get into the store too! Can't say such crowd control measures are a common sight, or even necessary, at fast fashion stores (not even at Zara and Mango). Uniqlo is really something, getting Singaporeans ga-ga over its clothes, which IMHO, are neither exceptionally stylish nor downright affordable.