Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Okaeri (Zettai Kareshi Theme)


I love this song. Everytime I listen to it, a sense of melancholy sweeps over me, as though I'm in the same predicament. Night knows that they cannot lead a normal life together and does not want Riiko whom he dearly loves back. So he chooses to be destroyed. And Riiko is aware of and accepts the fact enough to let Night go. She is happier though. At least there's still Soshi who loves her. Sigh ...

By the way, Ayaka who happens to be the wife of Hiro, the actor who plays Soshi, is now quite ill with a thyroid-related disease which may completely destroy her musical career even after she recovers. Pray she gets well soon.

A friend and colleague had a major operation yesterday to remove cysts in her womb and below her stomach, These were discovered unexpectedly when she went for a checkup with her husband as the couple plans a family. It's scary isn't it? Had she not gone for the checkup, she wouldn't have known that these cysts exist and only God knows what they would grow into. I haven't been ill in 3 years! And my encounters with doctors have never been more than a prescription for flu and sore throat. When people my age and younger are getting sick (because they happen to discover it!), am I really as healthy as I seem?