Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Solar eclipse


Sigh ... I was fairly tempted to head out to Chengdu earlier so I could catch this morning's eclipse but didn't because there's not much time to plan the trip (from when I had the whims late last month) and I didn't think it's all that worth it to rush for a phenomenon that'd last less than 5 minutes (albeit this would be the longest duration of any solar eclipse for hundreds of years to come - 500 to be exact) ...

Well, my decision of not travelling there for the eclipse is understandable, but for 雪 who is already right smack in the middle of the action to almost sleep through it if not for his mom waking him up ...
sigh ... don't know whether to scream or laugh at him :)

Plenty more photos here. I'm sure there're loads more by independent observers.