Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dinner with "long-lost" family


Had family dinner today with our legendarily rich uncle and aunt whom we haven't seen in ages. Mom had wanted to visit my aunt who just had an operation for a slip disc but they invited us to dinner at Yan Palace in Chinatown, which served pretty good food - the restaurant is also well-reviewed for dim sum but we were too late for that (>.<) - before adjourning to their penthouse condo at Dunearn Road.

The condo was old although the penthouse idea's rather cool. It fell a little short of expectations anyway cuz I was imagining the type we always see in movies where the elevator opens to the living room ... oh well, not this one.

But when they mentioned their other apartment at *drumroll*
THE SAIL, whatever doubts I still had of their wealth went *poof*. That's like my dream residence! How can I ever own a unit there?!

Hmmm ... at least I can look forward to stepping into one and enjoying the view for some precious hours!

Hehe ... oh, whatever ...