Saturday, August 09, 2008

How's your 08.08.08?


It came and went. But I'm glad to report it went fantastic for me ... started off a bit rough but ended on a high note :)

I spent a really awesome evening singing my heart out with fellow colleagues at a karaoke at Bugis Point. Even attempted a Backstreet Boys song! Haha ... there's this new Japanese designer Ryota who just joined last week and interestingly, he mentioned Backstreet Boys and started making these spastic dance moves of the boyband days. Then Garrick followed suit ... it was hilarious!! So we challenged the boys to some BSB routine - Adeline (forced into it too!) and I would do the song, the boys would handle the dance. Hahahahaha ...

Our car could be collected today so I guess I'll see it tomorrow (or rather, later today). Guess National Day this year would be fun for us as pa and ma are also in town so I guess we should be cruising around town hunting down some good makan places ... hehe ... gotta watch the waistline since I'll be heading out to Chengdu in a week for more of my favourite Sichuan delicacies ...

Speaking of China, hope I'll be waking up to at least some sequences of the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony encore telecast on Channel 5 that starts at 6.30 AM. Who knows which other channel, on cable possibly, might be showing the repeat at a more earthly hour? Please, I'd like to know. I'm kinda very in the Olympics mood now, even joined the #080808 movement on Twitter ... as you may have noticed from my tweets :)

So I'm signing off and hitting the sack as I count down to the final week of my tenure at L&Y. I'm gonna miss all the people I had a fabulous time with tonight ... but all the same, I can't wait to be out of there. Change is at hand. Freedom is near. YES!