Sunday, August 03, 2008

Good weekend


How has your weekend been?

Mine has been good. I've been unusually relaxed this weekend, probably cuz I'm counting down to my last day of work. Two more weeks! And I'll be free to roam Chengdu and around for another 2 weeks before embarking on the next phase of my career.

My friends are at SingFest this weekend. I've decided not to join them since the weekend pass costs a whopping $300 ($270 after discount) and the only act I really, really wanna see is Jason Mraz. I can pass on the rest ... so guess I'll catch the man the next time he has a solo show in town.

With the "savings" from SingFest, I treated myself to an overdue haircut. Cute as always, thanks to my bold stylist. This time, it's back to mahogany base and red highlights. There's a cool "heartline" trim on the bob. I like this new style a lot! Not a boring bob, yet not too outrageous. And I'm not looking into the mirror every now and then trying to style it in a way more acceptable to my own impeccable taste ... hahaha ...

After the haircut, I decided to just hang out at Bugis Junction. They've renovated what used to be The Edge on the third level and it's now open with shops that sell mostly Japanesque things. The prices are quite affordable to cater to its core target market - teens. Well, there's this one store that really attracted me called EIII (E3) Street that carries cutesy Jap toys, bags and wallets *drool* I became uncontrollable! And I got myself this cute little colourful Elmer wallet.


It's love at first sight ... I was in the shop a long time, thinking that this and that and that and everything's so cute and beautiful but thankfully, my logic still got the better of me :) (Bear bear isn't part of the Elmer package ... it's from some cute Jap guy from NTT Docomo at CommunicAsia ... hehe)

So I had a little budget left over for a nice top from Isetan when we popped by Parkway Parade on the free weekend shuttle service between PP and Sengkang MRT Station. In a shade of aquamarine blue/green, the blouse is a strange yet harmonious blend of Korean and Victorian styles. At first glance, the lace trimmings in the chest area seem very Korean. But the multi-layered lace trimmings skirting the bottom seams of the blouse, as well as the crisscross drawstrings at the back, are distinctly Victorian. I like this bizarre mesh :) Especially when it gives me a great sihouette! Slim at the waist, thanks to the drawstrings, and kinda showcasing the assets upfront (not that I'm not already well-endowed - haha) with the bountiful lacework.

We rounded off the nice and easy little weekend with some Andersen's ice cream, and a call from Daddy that they'll be coming to Singapore on Tuesday. Yippie yippie yummzzzz yummmzzz ... zzzzz ... it'll be a great week ahead. It's the Olympics ... finally! (The torch passes through Sichuan today, the final stop before heading out to Beijing for the Games. Even I feel emotional - see you in 2 weeks Sichuan!)