Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Can't leave?


Despite having so many days of leave, I have a feeling they won't let me clear those, especially since the project I've been in charge of has now received a go-ahead. But what's the point really ... I should be doing a proper handover to whoever's taking over that responsibility and help that person ease into the role rather than being involved in the project myself. Hope they see it this way and LET ME GO!

Ughh ... really can't wait to leave. Oh well, at least I should be thankful for the perfect timing of my new job offer and the approval of the project. If the project had kicked start according to its original schedule, I'd have been stuck because this project requires tremendous commitment from the team involved and as the project leader, there'd be no way I could extricate myself from it. Just like I had to stick with AA last year. I would have then missed this wonderful new job offer. Oh gosh. I thank God for the impeccable timing! Everything DOES happen for a reason!

Can't wait to spend some leisurely days in and around Chengdu. Must definitely head out to Leshan and Emei Shan. Think Tibet would be quite out of the question this time if I had to serve till the very last day. Hmmm ... think on the bright side! That means more spending money for the trip ... and maybe I can also help out the earthquake refugees who might still be temporarily housed in Chengdu!

Really need to see my friend too. Hope he's coping better with the situation ... wonder when he can resume work though. The tourism industry in Sichuan seems to be still in the dumps cuz the favourite tourist spots lie along the quake lines ...