Saturday, October 09, 2010

Good to be back


But friggin tired. 20-hour flight + 2-hour layover at Frankfurt + 2-hour city tour on SuperShuttle from the airport ... kinda regretted getting that, but oh well, a city tour on whees wasn't all that bad.

I don't think New York has changed much since 2001. Not at least the bustling Times Square and Rockefeller Center. Only in the place of Virgin Music (if I remember correctly) is now H&M at Times Square. But in all my recent fascination with China, Japan and Asia, today I realised I've lost touch with the "western" or "American" side of me. Listening to the radio hits on the way in from the airport brought back fond memories. I haven't heard those songs for so long!!

Gee, really tired. Just checked into Jazz on the Park on the west bank of upper Central Park. I think I'm just gonna take it easy for today, check out some places to hit tomorrow and the day after and after ... but not before I get a quick nap. And ponder the implications of going to Shanghai in Nov instead of my beautiful 20.10 cuz HR screwed up and couldn't get my work permit processed in time. I don't understand though, why they require that we hand over the documents from China to the embassy here to issue the permit, shouldn't the China side have the final authority to issue or refuse since I'll be working there, not here ... oh well, red tape ...