Saturday, January 31, 2009

Inkheart - not bad!


I went with little expectation. In fact, I thought I'd skip it ( reviews have been lukewarm) but my sis insisted since she's gonna get the promo bundle that comes with 3 tix and 2 sets of popcorn/Coke.

So I went. And was surprised that the film didn't bore me at all. While there were neither interesting twists nor masterful storytelling, the logical progression of the story, the action and the chemistry among the characters (and actors) made the film worth watching if you're seeking a break for your tired brain or a nice evening out with family or friends.

It wasn't till a bit later that I realised the baddie in the film was Gollum (Andy Serkis). Right from the start, I had thought he looked extremely familiar ... well, he ought to be since I've seen the Lord of the Rings films countless times. Lol. While I'm no fan of Brendan Fraser, I kinda admire Gollum (or the characterisation of him (it?) by Andy Serkis) so that was another plus for Inkheart. And I like the idea of having dragon breath ... hehe ... instant bbq!

Hmm ... if a story could be read to life, which would it be?