Saturday, September 22, 2007

My Girl, My Current Favourite



Last year, it was My Lovely Samsoon. This year, it's My Girl.

Just finished watching the series on Mobtv's Asian Dramas (it's a premium channel that my sis subscribes for Falling in Love, that Mediacorp-NTV7 co-production which aired its last episode today during the 7pm slot).

Don't know why I'm hooked on My Girl. Maybe cuz it's really funny, especially the female lead Joo Yoo-rin. She sometimes does completely illogical, stupid even, things with or without male lead Seol Gong-chan, but totally things that I'd do myself so I can totally relate to it ... ha ha.

I also like that the show, though true to the template of Korean dramas, mocks the formula of poor girl meets rich guy, the family opposes but the lovers are inseparable, more obstacles stand in the way including one of the leads dying of a terminal disease, or after overcoming innumerable hurdles, they live happily ever after!

Or maybe it's just all that tour guide thing (I have a soft spot for that profession, you know) ... wanderlust is setting in on me again. Many scenes are set in the airport, one of my favourite places on earth!

Nevertheless, don't think it'll have the staying power of Kim Sam Soon, which I've watched repeatedly many times. But still, it's too early to say. He he ... if I have time, I probably will get the DVD and play it one more time ... or twice more ...