Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Sweet Surprise :)

Haha!! Elaine and I got a really sweet surprise today. We're supposed to have our company D&D tomorrow, so the committee had to do a briefing so that everyone's aware of the process, dress code, games, prizes, blah blah...

After the briefing, our Finance Mtook over. We quietly filed out of the room because that was a promotion and increment announcement, and having joined the company relatively recently and missed the evaluation period, we didn't think we were eligible for a fatter paycheck so soon.

Or so we thought.

Until our Finance Manager walked over to our desks and handed the envelopes to us! We were ELATED. ABSOLUTELY ELATED!

It's probably the sixth sense... hmm, and if it's really so, it's friggin' creepy, I'm freaking myself out! But this afternoon, I had the urge to get my hands on the RED iPod. The Aids charity version. Elaine said, "pay for it with your bonus". I laughed. Paying with future money? Not to be made a habit of.

But now, looks like I don't have to. I can pay for it with "present" money. Hehe, quite literally :)

P.S. A funny tagline for New Zealand tourism in a mag - "Come now. If not sooner." Err... what can be sooner than NOW? Present? *still grinning*